Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Bicycle - Raleigh

It has been a month that I've bought an mtb bicycle. As a beginner in this hobby, I've do few surveys & study since in the market does offer various kinda bicycle... and trust me it's not an easy decision to make, especially when it involved...RM. Finally I've decided to buy an entry level 9 Speed mtb bicycle brand Raleigh Elite. Price? as usually the shop will tags it higher and buyers like me will negotiate till it suited to my tiny budget... of cause will ask them to add extra accessories like helmet, pants, bicycle stands, meter...ect...ect.

My Raleigh Bicycle Specification briefly as below:

Brand : Raleigh Trail Series
Frame : 16" Alloy
Color : White
Headset : Cane Creek
Fork : SR SunTour XCM V2
FD & RD Shimano Deore
Gearing : 9 Speed
Saddles : Wellgo
Brakes : Tektro Disk
s Front & Rear
Rims : Raleigh Alloys

Accessories : CatEye Blinker, CatEye Mirco Wireless, Helmet & Bicycle Stand.

Picture shown here was taken from last weekend cycling session at setia alam. I'm glad full to have Bro Kamal & Jen as my cycling partners and sharing same interest in these.. Bro kamal has been cycling for more than 12 years whereas Jen has started cycling 2 week early than I.

Mostly our cycling's are schedule on saturday & sunday morning, each session we were cycling about 20 - 25km..frm 8am and finish by 10am. Last month, I've done solo session from Puncak Alam(home) - Setia Alam - Puncak Alam, it about 40km....guess not so bad achievement for newbie likes me rite..hehehe

Even though people in Malaysia are less interested in cycling...where mostly riding bicycle is for children or poor people..i hope my cycling interest continues warm and wish one day can effort to buys brand like Giant, Merida, Kona ect.

Thanks to Bro Kamal VOL, Mero JEN, Cikgu Lan AGC, Sham OCC & Chedin CKH for their kind knowledge & interest sharing in cycling to me. Finally, special thanks to my wife CLS & kids for their continues support & understanding in my hobby...especially those involved wheel..!! Love you.

Click for more pic - Setia Alam Cycling

9 comments:

mazru said...

Selamat berjaya dgn hobi yg baru ni bang faizal..aku da lama x kayuh beskal,puluh tahun dah rasenye..

9W2GTR said...

Thanks bro mzr, aku pun last kayuh gi sekolah till form 1..hehehe Harap dpt kite berkayuh sama nnt. Insyakallah

9W2OCC SHAM aka Misai Tanglooong said...

tahniah permulaan yg baik...dah tawan bkt tangki...what yr next target???

Anonymous said...

Dude.. so do i . im also cyling now.. just like you. hey inviting u and ur friends to join eco heritage ride from Semuji to sg. Lembing town this 12th july. lets join, expired date 2jul or 200 riders register which ever come first ok?

9W2GTR said...

Dude thx for inviting..but then on 12th july, i'm court with my cousin wedding receptions. Hope you'll remember to invite us again for other event. ;)

9W2GTR said...

occ got many in my mind..do continue yr support & comment here okey. thx bro

9M2RIE said...

fuhh best..best jalous aku tengok. Nanti aku join la bro2. yang baju kunin tu nampak airbag depan. hehehehe

9W2GTR said...

rie..yg baju kuning ..tak cengkelat cam si baju putih...huhu

Danedz said...

boleh tau berapa exactly harga basikal nie??